Salary: Band 10, £45,948 - £ 50,109
Location: Agile, Forth Banks Police Station and homeworking
Hours/Contract: 37 hours per week
Working for #TeamNP
Our purpose at Team NP is simple: to keep people safe and to fight crime. But it takes more than officers alone to do the job – and that’s where our 2,000-strong team of police staff and 200 volunteers come in.
As one of the largest police forces in England we have a huge variety of departments and specialisms offering you endless opportunities. From mentoring and coaching schemes and online soft skills courses to leadership development programmes; we’ll give you the support, training, and time to carve out the career you always wanted.
As one of the top 50 UK inclusive employers and a disability confident employer, we promote a culture of respect in the workplace so everyone can feel seen, heard, and valued.
Whether you’re a member of staff or a volunteer, you can also expect first-rate support to manage your health and wellbeing. With year-round events, a 24/7 welfare support hotline and a leading approach to neurodiversity, our initiatives enable you to be at your best.
Above all else, here at Team NP, we can offer you a career that is so much more than just a job, it’s a chance to be part of something that really matters.
Here at Northumbria Police, we think our region is amazing! It takes a great deal of people from different backgrounds, with diverse skills and experience to serve our force area effectively, so do you think you have what it takes to help us make a difference? This could be the perfect time for you to join us in our Digital Policing team as a Programme Planner.
In this role, you will be responsible for facilitating and developing programme agendas in line with business requirements and specifications. You will ensure programme activities are managed and prioritised appropriately, meeting demand by using requisite skillsets and resource capacity to best advantage.
You will Identify and present solution proposals and recommendations to internal customers and operational teams whilst influencing senior stakeholders on how they can best deploy their change initiatives to ensure effective change delivery.
You will also support operational teams in effectively planning, preparing, and engaging in change initiatives to achieve successful results.
What you’ll do
- You will manage, monitor, and prioritise digital change, performing strategic resource planning and ensuring activities are accurately estimated and well planned. This will include critical path and s-curve reporting of baseline and forecast timescales to communicate delivery plans and affiliated progress.
- You will lead the programme and lifecycle planning of Digital Policing deliverables and foster good relationships between the teams within Digital Policing, Force Transformation, and the wider Force to ensure full understanding of those deliverables.
- You will create, maintain, and publish project and portfolio roadmaps aligned to Digital Policing deliverables, ensuring a structured planning cycle is applied. This will involve effective use of portfolio and programme management tools such as MS Project, Project Web App, Project Online, Planner, and Roadmap.
- Supporting pre-project change initiatives, you will oversee ideation, optioneering, and solution design stages of new change requests.
- You will also receive, progress, and monitor resource requests, ensuring demand is appropriately catered for with any resourcing impact appropriately assessed and managed.
Sound interesting? For further information, and to support your application, please view the job description.
What you’ll bring
- You will have detailed knowledge of Project Management and substantive experience in digital project planning, as well as good knowledge of automated production of project delivery artefacts using MS Project plans as the key source of information.
- You will have experience in Microsoft Business Productivity applications, including SharePoint, MS Project, and Visio.
- You will have a strong working knowledge and proven ability to manage and prioritise resource effectively.
- You can absorb complex technical information and translate this into clear and accurate plans, whilst challenging assumptions and augmenting resource allocation to optimise capacity and capability.
- You will be adept at influencing and developing people and communicating effectively at all levels, including technical experts, end users, suppliers, and senior level stakeholders.
We know it's important for you to feel that you're not only part of a great team, but part of a community. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everyone feels valued, and their talents are fully utilised. Appointments are based on merit alone.
Interested to learn more? For further information about the role please contact Paul Mclauchlin by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we offer
- 26 days’ leave (increasing to 30 days for 5 years+ service) plus 8 bank holidays.
- Enhanced maternity, shared parental and adoption leave.
- Flexi time - allowing you to fit your working hours around your individual needs.
- Flexible working (we are happy to discuss options such as compressed hours)
- Agile working – option to work from home, your team zone, and spaces across the Force.
- Fantastic market-leading public sector pension scheme with up to 16% employer contribution.
- Corporate travel schemes – local rail, bus services and metro discounts.
- Access to private healthcare and eye test vouchers.
- Discounts on shopping and eating out thanks to the Blue Light Card and Blue Light Tickets.
- We’ve invested in extensive paid sick leave, trained mental health first aiders on-site, an employee advice service for the times you need that additional support.
- Access to gyms in some stations.
- Sports & Social Club – join our thriving sports scene at Team NP and enjoy further exclusive discounts on days out and travel.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Just so you know
Our application form will help us understand how your work, education and life experience has prepared you for the role of a Programme Planner with #TeamNP. To help support your application research what makes us tick here at Northumbria, the role you’re applying for and the values and behaviours that contribute.
The recruitment process will consist of the initial application form followed by a face-to-face competency based interview and an exercise, around three weeks after application form shortlisting. Just so you know, you can save your application and come back to it any time prior to the closing date on the advert.
We are proud members of the Business Disability Forum, with whom we collaborate with to improve the lives of disabled employees. We are also a Disability Confident Employer, therefore if you demonstrate that you meet the minimum criteria for this role as stated in the advert, we will progress your application and offer you an interview.
If you tell us that you have a disability, we can make adjustments to support you through the recruitment process (for example we can arrange extra time for tests or provide a sign language interpreter) You can get in touch with us via email@example.com for any support regarding the application process. Please provide us with plenty of notice so we can ensure your visit goes smoothly. If your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a Management Vetting (MV) form, therefore you must be a resident of the UK for a minimum period of 5 years to ensure vetting checks can be successfully performed. A job offer will be dependent upon vetting clearance, medical information, and references.
Terms of appointment
This is a permanent role subject to a six-month probationary period.
If you are successful in your application, you will have a 6-month probation period with us where you will be unable to apply for any other post advertised internally or externally.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.